Friday, April 29, 2016

The First Call.......

Well it came.  The call we've been waiting for.  The reason we started all of this to begin with.  Two calls in fact on the same day.  I guess I could say I'm proud that we didn't rush, that we asked the correct questions, that we discussed it with each other, that we made a good decision.  But the decision we made, for both, is that it wouldn't be a good fit for our family.  But instead of feeling ok, that we stuck to the very few requirements we both agreed on, I feel sad.  Helpless.  I have prayed for these two children so much in the past three days.  I am hoping they have found the place where they should be.  I will continue to pray for them, their bio families, the families that will foster them and for the long paths they are now on.  And I will continue to wait, for another call, for another chance to say yes.

2 comments:

  1. As a longtime foster parent, it's never a good fit. I don't know what your family's requirements are but if you're not willing to take a leap of faith and compromise for the sake of the kids then you may be in the wrong field of helping. I apologize if that sounds harsh but it never is a perfect situation. That's why these kids are entering foster care. There will be behaviors, unmet needs, extra hours put in, siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is in the "waiting to be approved" stage of fostering, I know that with all the excitement of this new journey comes a certain amount of fear and not knowing what to expect. If the Lord has put fostering on your hearts so much that you have walked this far in obedience to that calling, I guarantee you that you are not in the "wrong field of helping". I pray for you tonight, that the Lord would give you and your husband a peace next time you get a placement call. Be encouraged momma! Looking forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete