Monday, August 7, 2017

Adoption Update!!!

On Friday we had our FINAL home study appointment for our adoption home study.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit disappointed.  I thought it would be complete but it looks like there's still a few weeks of waiting, tis life.  Anyway while I am waiting I have some trips to make.  Maryland requires all notaries by authenticated in the county in which they were notarized.  I had all of the documents from our county done last week.  Today, I am headed to a neighboring county to get 1, yes just one, document authenticated.  A 90 minute one way trip for one document.  My mom is going to watch Carter because I cant leave until naptime due to his dentist appointment and taking him to a courthouse at nap time would be less than fun.  Then on Friday I am off to Annapolis to have all of our documents apostilled.  That is where the Secretary of State in your state says they are all correct and meet Hague standards. Then we wait.......the next step will be to have the same process done with our home study but since that will be notarized in Virginia I will have to send it there.  Luckily Va is easy and I can just mail it with a check and they will get it done and mail it back.  I had to do a similar thing for my husbands out of state birth certificate and it was super easy. While I am waiting I am filling out a few documents that cant be filed yet.  It helps me stay busy and feel like I am accomplishing something.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment